Improve your brand positioning in search engines with the help of SEM strategies. Know the benefits of paid and organic results, here we tell you about them.
Digital marketing strategies are a key component for achieving valuable results, getting more leads, and positioning all types of brands in target markets. Generally, there are different types of approaches that can be applied to obtain the results that each brand expects, but one of the most important is related to search engines.
To discuss more the importance of search engines in digital marketing, we want to delve into some different concepts and guide users correctly with the steps required to build and execute an effective SEM strategy for business. So if you are interested in learning more about it, keep reading!
What is SEM?
SEM, or search engine marketing, is a digital marketing strategy that (as its name suggests) focuses mainly on those actions, tools, or techniques that take place within a search engine. This strategy is designed to improve the positioning of a brand or specific campaign in search engines, such as Google Search, Bing, and Baidu, among others.
What is an SEM strategy?
It is much easier to talk about an SEM strategy and how it works considering the previous definition. Although in most cases SEM refers to paid ads that help improve positioning, organic approaches can also be considered within search engine strategies. Therefore, an SEM strategy can be divided into two types of results:
- Paid results: to carry out this strategy, it is necessary to pay per click with an advertiser. This process is known as PPC (pay per click) or CPC (cost per click), and by doing so, it is possible to increase traffic with specialized ads in search engines.
- Organic results: search engine algorithms, which are primarily based on relevance and authority, dictate which results perform better than others in organic searches (without paid ads). From this information, it is possible to apply SEO or search engine optimization strategies to identify which criteria can be optimized in terms of content and user experience for better results.
Build an effective SEM strategy
Now that there is more clarity about what SEM is and what its strategic paths are, it is time for you to know how to implement it in your campaigns just like a search marketing agency, and what steps you should take into consideration to achieve valuable results.
- Choose the right Keywords: you should review what your market or niche of interest is and evaluate what keyword list may be useful in choosing which queries you want your ad to appear in. Consider your main interests, prioritize the most relevant words, and then review how you can assertively dispose of your budget.
- Analyze CTR: once the ad is placed on your keywords, it's time to analyze the CTR (Click Through Rate). This is a rate created to measure the performance of the keywords, according to the number of clicks it receives and divided by the number of times it is displayed. This way, it is possible to evaluate if the paid strategy is working correctly on a keyword, what needs to be improved, and even how the budget can be better invested with other types of ads.
- Solid Ad Copy: even though the previous information is very important, many times an essential question arises in this process: if clicks are so important, then how do you get the user to generate this action? It is essential to keep in mind that keywords do not work on their own and must always be supported by some piece of valuable written content. For this reason, it is very key that advertisements go hand in hand with a copy that engages, that is attractive to the consumer, and that leads him to generate that click.
- Landing Pages: while keywords reflect search intent and ads provide a promise of value, it is essential to have a space where this promise is addressed and explained in greater depth. In this sense, landing pages are the ideal places to redirect users from ads, to complete a specific action, increasing traffic and generating more leads. For this reason, make sure your landing page leads your customer to a product, service, or offer you want to boost through your brand.
- Analyze Competitor’s Ads: a good way to observe the digital market to improve your SEM strategy, in addition to reviewing your own results, is to use tools that allow you to identify the results of your competitors, their weaknesses, and their strengths. By doing so, you can learn from the way they manage their strategy and implement those aspects that you consider of value. Remember that in digital marketing, you learn every day!
We hope that after reading this information, you will have enough tools to carry out your SEM strategy correctly and achieve the results you want. However, if you are interested in receiving assistance from a digital marketing agency like Paxzu, we invite you to visit our website, review our services, and contact us to start seeing valuable results. Don't think twice!